Monday, December 7, 2015

Let Me Count the Times, by: Martin Amis

I read this short story today, and honestly don't quite know what to say about it. After I read the story I have no idea what to go off of for writing a blog post, so I researched it a little and found some interesting information:

-Martin Amis has been called the "best American writer England has ever produced." Ironically enough, his father was also a writer, but he was called the "least American writer England had ever produced."
-This specific short story is part of 'Heavy Water', which is Amis' collection of nine short stories. Maybe if I read the entire collection, or at least part of it, I'd feel different about this story.

Honestly, the story just wasn't really my style. I can see how it could be appreciated, and how others really like it, but it's just not for me.